CRM Market Share Leaders
• Salesforce.com – is the most popular cloud-based CRM software, claiming 14.8% of the entire CRM software market. According to Trefis, Salesforce’s market share is expected to reach around 24% by the end of 2018. In its Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results released in late February 2012, Salesforce stated that it had 100,000+ customers.
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM – Analysts expect the total revenue from Dynamics CRM and ERP to reach $2.5 billion by the end of 2018. Microsoft’s Convergence 2012 event revealed current CRM user numbers: 2.25 million users and 33,000 customers, with an average implementation size of 68 users. (Source: Microsoft)
• SAP – has over 30,000 customers and over 2 million users. They also have 12,000 partners to assist them. SAP’s market share is expected to stand at 20% by the end of 2018.
• SugarCRM – SugarCRM is the leading provider of open-source CRM software. The company has more than 7,000 customers and over half a million users around the globe.
• A look back and projections – Take a look at the graph below for the CRM market’s recent history and estimates of future market share from Trefis.
[notification style=”tip” font_size=”14px” closeable=”true”] Check out our new, 2013 U.S. CRM Market Share survey [/notification]
CRM Market Share: CRM Social, CRM Geography, and CRM Industries
• Analysts suspect that in 2012, social CRM will account for 8% of all CRM spending.
• North America is the largest market for CRM software, estimated to reach at least $10 billion in 2012. Europe and Asia follow close behind. Within Europe, the U.K. is at the forefront of CRM market growth. China leads growth within Asia.
• The telecommunications industry leads with the most CRM customers, followed by the energy/utilities sector and financial services. However, healthcare and public services are expected to surpass the telecommunications industry soon.